Monday, October 16, 2006

Open Sesame - That damn good.

Ever since I can remember I've always wanted to learn text-book psychology and be more aware of cognitive sciences. Why? Just like that - simply for the sheer pleasure of knowing. Of course, I'd be as excited about how art is valued, why female tarantulas get attracted to hairy-kneed males, when we can sell stuff in space and what's new in Bollywood -- wikipedia and of the like supply more info than I'll ever need. Sometimes when I sit down to read my doctor-uncle's dusty-old Gray's Anatomy so I can draw analogies with what lies outside with the good stuff inside, I wonder why I never did all this in school when I was supposed to. But enough of that - here's the reason for my current high:

I chanced upon the OpenCourseware Consortium...what is it? It's a digital shareware of high quality courses from over a 100 global universities. I downloaded a course called management psychology - it didn't ask me to fill my name and stuff - it needed nothing - I just clicked and downloaded - quite simply. There's another called Introduction to Psychology where you can download the audio files of each lecture. Stickiness is created based on the quality of the product and nothing else - and that's superb!

Now imagine the future of what's possible when this becomes all pervasive - when someone sitting in remote rural India gets access to the same notes as someone sitting in MIT. Kudos to William and Flora Hewlett Foundation - this is just brilliant!

1 Comments:

Blogger NischalaAgnihotri said...

Hi anna,

I read a few of your articles.
They remind me of chetan bhagat's books but at the same time they are informative.

Nishi

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home