Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Getting Wiki with Jaggayya

Continuing on the changing web...I recently went to Wikipedia (the online encyclopedia that anyone can edit) and read an article I thought I knew something about (a Telugu actor called Jaggayya who apparently was the first Indian movie actor to be elected directly to the parliament)...the page offered an [edit] button and edit I did. I changed the spelling of a book name to make it sound more appropriate. And it took it -- it just took it. The amazing thing was having the freedom to go change something on someone else's territory (in this case, everyone's territory) and make it a wee-bit better - not many things on earth work this way!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pradeep said...

Dear Anna,

I read your blog posts everyday now through my Wizz RSS 2.1.2 feedreader on my open-source Mozilla Firefox Browser.

Hope that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home